- My "to do" list is not as important as saying hello and goodbye when I greet my loved ones. You never know if it might be the last time. I would give anything to rewind the clock and hug him and tell him how much I love him one more time.
- Non-verbal communication speaks volumes. Mauka never uttered one word his entire life yet he was a transmitter of unconditional love and loyalty to all who were fortunate enough to encounter him.
- Don't let looks fool you. Mauka was large and scary yet his eyes gave him away. He was a lover of humans, other dogs, and those who needed his protection.
- Love your work. Mauka loved to protect and he worked any hour of any day if his services were needed.
- Recognize greatness, it is all around you. Mauka was more than a remarkable dog. He was my friend, my protector, my helper on the farm, and loyal to the bitter end. I didn't quite grasp the value of his greatness until he left us so suddenly. I wonder how many other humans and animals are part of my life and I don't see their beauty or recognize their greatness shining out. That 70's song "Don't It Always Seem To Go That You Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone", (Big Yellow Taxi) by Joni Mitchel makes me sad. I was in the presence of greatness and was too busy to recognize it.
- Always be grateful to those who stand guard over you. They deserve honor for what they do.
Saturday, May 25, 2019
Thursday, March 28, 2019
Sunday, January 20, 2019
I love this quote by Albert Einstein.
Recently, my grandchildren "mopped up the floor" with their science projects at the Northern Illinois Regional Science Fair. (Can you feel the humility in this statement)? All three of them won the coveted grand champion for their age category and they also made the front page of the Freeport IL Journal Standard. Grand champion winners were: Ella Leverton for kindergarten through third grade; Gabriel Leverton for fourth through sixth grade; and Breanna Leverton for seventh and eighth grade.
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Did you miss the Aquaponics Lab? No worries. I am doing two live trainings on Wednesday January 16th at 9:30am EST and at 4:30pm EST. And the best part about it is its FREE!
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
|goat milk, coconut oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, avacado oil, apricto oil, non-nano zinc oxide, vitamin A and C, stearic acid, refrigerate|